Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Just One Kiss Hits Close to Home

Description from Amazon.com

He won't hesitate to put his life on the line…but will he ever risk his heart?
Falling for Justice Garrett was a high point in Patience McGraw's otherwise awkward adolescence. Even after he disappeared, Patience never forgot the boy who captured her heart. Now he's back in Fool's Gold, California, and her passion for him is as strong as ever. But how can she trust that he won't abandon her again—and her daughter, too?
When bodyguard Justice Garrett was a young man, witness protection brought him to this idyllic town and he never forgot its warmth, or the sweet beauty of his childhood friend. He's returned to open a defense academy, and the Patience he once knew is all grown up. He can't resist her smile, or her curves. But Justice's past doesn't make him husband, or father, material.
Patience and Justice think they'll succumb to just one kiss… Then one more… Okay, just one night together. But they might learn that falling in love is beyond anyone's control.


Check it out, an actual book review from me! Holy cow! Okay, I do not have enough words to describe how awesome I thought this book is.  

When Patience was twelve years old, her best friend was 16 year old Justice Garrett.  Her crush on him was huge, and just as she is ready to let him know, he disappears without a trace.. His house didn't look like it had been lived in, he was gone without a trace.

Years later, Patience is a single mother of a 10 year old little girl named Lillie. The father ran out just after Lillie was born, so Patience, Lillie, and Patience's mother Ava all lived together, helping each other out as Ava has MS.  Patience is working as a hair dresser but has big dreams of opening a small town coffee shop.

One day, Justice returns. Just out of the blue. Patience's little heart goes pitter patter and she is just as in love with him now as she was when she was fourteen. Justice explained why he disappeared and his and Patience's relationship grows, from helping Lillie with a weird stalker like little boy to helping Patience when Lillie's long lost grandfather shows up and wants to be in her life. 

Patience dream comes true when she suddenly gets an inheritance, enough to open up the coffee house of her dreams. She falls easily for Justice, but Justice doesn't think he is good enough.  His father was a horribly bad person, and Justice thinks deep down he is the same. Then.. Lillie is kidnapped.. oh my yes a small mystery as well! Will they figure out his differences and live happily ever after? Well, of course! It's a Susan Mallery novel after all!!

Anyways, I really connected with Patience's character. As a single mother myself of a ten year old boy and I have spent the last couple of years taking care of a disabled father, this just felt real to me. I highly suggest EVERYONE read this book, but make sure you go all the way back to the very first Fool's Gold book, Chasing Perfect! This series is absolutely amazing. Its very light, and a good book if you don't want to exercise your brain. The romances are highly unassuming and always a happy ever after. So, get to reading everyone!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series is on that I want to run away toand spend my life there with my little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!! If not Fools Gold, then Robyn Carr's Virgin River

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to move to Fools Gold! I love the small town feel! If I can't live there then I would live in Virgin River! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Emily March's Angels Rest? Or Beth Ciotta's Sugar Creek? I found Beth Ciotta about a month ago and I absolutely love them as much as Ms Mallery and Ms Carr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say we make our own Fool's Gold and it has to be accurate to Susan's book! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this town!! This series has won my heart and I look forward every summer to a trilogy set here in Fool's Gold. And bodyguards? Sigh. I love that Justice and Patience finally get their HEA and can't wait to read Gideon's book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love returning to Fool's Gold. It is like returning home!! I love starting my summer reading a new Fool's Gold book!! I love the relationship between Patience & Justice. I love Felicia, too. She is something, but I think she would be a great friend. Always there for you no matter what & that is the type of girlfriend we all need. I love Lillie. Patience has raised a sweet little girl & she should be proud of herself.

    ReplyDelete