Wednesday, June 27, 2012

April Reads

Brotherband Chronicles: Invaders- (juvenile fiction) Okay I have to push this one. Yes, its juvenile fiction, but it so amazing. It is a second series by Flanagan, the first of which was the Ranger's Apprentice series. It is set in the same world, with a couple of the old characters showing their faces in this one.  It is a made up world (which you will very much liken to Vikings and other Old English history).  The Ranger's Apprentice is about  a boy named Will, who is apprenticed to Halt, a Ranger. Rangers are like a spy network, and these books are so action packed that I cannot put them down when I read them.  The Brotherband Chronicles are the same way. Invaders is book two of this series.  So, yeah, thats all I have to say, they are awesome.

Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon- I am not a fan of science fiction, but I love this series.  Its romance, certainly, set on another planet, with people traveling by space ship, but Kenyon manages to keep all that stuff in the background and focus on the romance. For me, I just picture it as fantasy and am able to read them.  I have been really disappointed in the Dark Hunters series the last couple of years, so having this to kind of take their place is awesome.

Cast in Shadow by Michele Sagara- fantasy, okay so I don't really know what to say about this book.  I really liked it, but even after reading and re-reading parts, I don't think I could tell you what the book is actually about. Going to try book 2.

Dark Descendant by Jenna Black- urban fantasy, so I picked this book up when I met the author in Chicago. Its an adult book, and I had never read adult books by this author, but I love her Fairiewalker young adult series.  This was really good! And I have an autographed copy, woot!! I am reading the second book now.

Lover Reborn by JR Ward.. paranormal romance.. what can I say.. I love JR Ward,. She was in Chicago but I did not get to meet her, and I sob loudly every day because of it. This is the latest in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, which YES you have to read in order or you will be totally LOST.. and its about Tohr.. -sigh- Tohr.. LOVED IT!! That is all.

Heart of a Killer by David Rosenfelt- mystery.. Aha! Something NOT romance!! Yes, its a mystery! And his books are so good. I have yet to meet a book by this author that I do not like.  First off, he has the Andy Carpenter series, which the next book comes out in July and I am ever so excited for it!.  Andy Carpenter is a lawyer, who came into some money, and his books have alot about dogs in them. They rock, they are kind of like John Grisham with a bit of humor and dogs in them.  He also has several stand alone novels, like this one, and they are all really good too!

Okay, thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment