Friday, February 22, 2013

Kat Martin.. Raines of Wind Canyon

From Amazon.com:

They were known as the "no-account Raines boys" but they've grown into successful, honorable men and everything they have, they've fought for tooth and nail. Now each of the three brothers has one last obstacle to overcome to claim what's eluding them: love.
Secrets don't stay buried long in cattle country. Sarah Allen, the beautiful girl who humiliated Jackson Raines in high school, is back in town. Not so long ago, she couldn't wait to leave Wind Canyon, Wyoming, in her dust. But, recently widowed, she has nowhere else to go and finds herself on Jackson's ranch. And despite everything, Jackson's finding himself reluctant to get rid of her.
Sarah brings her own kind of trouble, and he can't resist trouble. Enemies of her dead husband show up making threats, thinking she has something they're owed. They're not taking no for an answer, but what they will take is the one thing she has left—her daughter. Jackson's the only one who might be able to save little Holly and bring her home.

Have y'all noticed I have a preference for Amazon? Sorry, can't help it. Free Two Day Shipping always gets me.

Anyways, I started this book and it took me a few days to read it, but I did enjoy it. The middle part got kind of slow.. I actually thought it easily could have ended then.  The next two books are about the other "no-account Raines boys", Gabe and Dev. Incidently, I think I liked Dev's book best of all. So after that, "Against the Wind" comes in and follows Trace Rawlings, Dev's friend from the Rangers. I haven't checked, but I'm sure the next books also follow more of Dev's Ranger buddies. 

With that being said... I did enjoy the first three books.. the fourth book is killing me. Its so incredibly slow.. and the story line isn't that interesting (it kills me to say something bad an y'all know that). I'm going to push on.. and I will finish it.. and I will probably read the others as well.

I was debating if I wanted to put this on my Robyn Carr read a like list. I certainly would suggest this series to Robyn Carr and Susan Mallery readers, even though it has a bit more a mystery in them than Virgin River or Fool's Gold.. Let me say.. Read the first three and then make your own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment