Friday, March 29, 2013

Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Book one in the new Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa .. from Amazon.com:
To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness…
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.
Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what–andwho–is worth dying for…again.
Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.

Vampires have taken over and the plague has turned people killed by vampires into Rabids.  People are chattel, forced to donate blood or live as scavangers, hanged for something as simple as digging through the trash for food.

Allie wants more, of course. After her friends are murdered by Rabids and she is nearly killed, Kanin turns her into a vampire, the thing she hates most, but she wants to live.  She ends up on the road, running for her life and runs into this group of people, led by a preacher, who are looking for Eden. Eden is a place where there are no vampires and people can actually live.

So... I love The Iron Fey series. I adore it. I wish I owned them all, I would make a shrine to them in my home. I cannot say the same for Blood of Eden. I mean, it got better towards the end, but sheesh halfway through the book I was still forcing my way through it. This book was released a year ago and I just finished it after trying to read it like four times.  Everyone knows I suck down new books by my favorite authors in a few hours. This is another big I'm Sorry! for not writing gushing things about one of my favorite authors.

I think that book two has a good storyline, just what I could tell from the end of the first book, so I am anxious to read it. I've got my fingers crossed that it flows a little better.

And I hear there is another Iron Fey book coming so WOOOHHOOOO!!! :) I do have a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment