Friday, March 29, 2013

The Wanderer by Robyn Carr

From Amazon.com:

Nestled on the Oregon coast is a small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm. Locals love the land's unspoiled beauty. Developers see it as a potential gold mine. When newcomer Hank Cooper learns he's been left an old friend's entire beachfront property, he finds himself with a community's destiny in his hands.
Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be just another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town. And with Sarah Dupre, a woman as complicated as she is beautiful.
With the whole town watching for his next move, Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities. A place that just might be home.


Woooohooo a new series from Robyn Carr!! I adore the Virgin River series and I was so excited about this book! Until I read it.. 

I hate doing this. I really don't like to say negative things about books, but this is the first time EVER that I did not thoroughly love a Robyn Carr book. 

The characters were likeable.  I liked Cooper and I liked Sarah. My biggest issue was, the two main characters didn't even meet until I hit the ads in the middle of the book! No way can two people actually fall in love in half a book, its not ... realistic. I will be the first to admit that I do not read for reality.  I read to escape the cruel world. But, this is a contemporary romance. It should have some realistic aspects, one of which is.. The main characters should meet early in the book.

My second issue, at the end where the naughty little teenage boy Jag was arrested for killing Ben.. it was so thrown together that I almost completely missed it!

I liked Mac and Gina's sub love story that was going on, but I wish Carr had just waited on this until their book "The Newcomber" comes out in June.  I did not feel like Carr introduced us to enough characters in this first book to make it have the same feel as Virgin River. I'm assuming that is the point she is getting to since the town is Thunder Point and two more books are scheduled

I'm really hoping that the next book is better. I'm really sorry I wasn't very nice about this one :(

No comments:

Post a Comment