Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Robyn Carr's New Thunder Point series isn't hitting home..

I have been a fan of Robyn Carr's books for quite awhile now. I knew a few months ahead of time that a book of hers was coming out and if the library was slow about getting it, I didn't hesitate to buy it myself.  There was much excitement when I got it in my hands, and much disappointment when I finished it, knowing it would be awhile before I got another one. However, the new Thunder Point series is not coming together for me.
 I read the first book was really disappointed that the main characters didn't even meet until halfway through the book. Now I'm reading the second book and it just feels like the book is all over the place.  There are so many different story lines going on that I feel like I should take notes.  Mac and Gina really are not the main focus of this story like the description says. It routinely follows Mac and Sarah, Landon and Eve, Ashley and her break up with her high school boyfriend and the horrible treatment she recieves from his new college girl, Mac's wife returning to town, and apparently there's still some big thing that happens at the end of the book that I haven't gotten to yet. 
The thing is, I received this book from NetGalley awhile ago, but I still haven't been able to finish it. I am determined that I will. Ms Carr's writing is amazing, and I love her books, but it seems like this series is a step down from the Virgin River series. Please forgive me for being frank. I still love Ms Carr and will read all of her books . I just received "The Hero" which is the next book in the series, so I will read that soon and get back to ya on that. 


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with your assessment of this series. I too will continue to be a Robin Carr fan...but I'm also bewildered about the jumping around The Newcomer does. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one a bit disappointed.

    ReplyDelete