Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Hero.. Best Thunder Point book yet by Robyn Carr

From Amazon.com:

In a moment of desperation, Devon McAllister takes her daughter and flees a place where they should have been safe and secure. She has no idea what is around the next bend, but she is pretty certain it can't be worse than what they've left behind. Her plan is to escape to somewhere she can be invisible. Instead, an unexpected offer of assistance leads her to Thunder Point, a tiny Oregon town with a willingness to help someone in need. 


So no long ago I posted that Ms Carr's new series wasn't my favorite. Well, the first two weren't, but I thoroughly enjoyed the third book in the series "The Hero". My only issue.. it seems like the romance happened fairly quickly, but I have seen alot of that in recent contemporary romance.. Between Ms Carr, Linda Lael Miller  and Julie Garwood, it feels like I am supposed to fall in love the instant I meet a man. I mean no offense to any of the authors I post about. I love them dearly and will consistently read whatever they write no matter what it is. They are very talented women. 

The Hero feels like it had more of a story to it. Or should I say.. less of everyone else's stories. The Wanderer had about a thousand things going on at once, which left the reader slightly confused. The Hero actually focused on the romance between Devon and Spencer, with some fill in story of the other characters. Finally, I feel its more like Ms Carr's writing than the previous books.  Mercy, Devon's daughter, is so cute when she calls Spencer " 'Pencer". I wish there had been more interaction between the kids.

There was also a bit of a mystery. Devon ran away from a commune like farm ran by a man named Jacob, who's obvious goal was to impregnate every woman he came into contact with. Devon was picked up on the side of the road by Rawley, Cooper's help at the beach bar. I loved the grandfather like interactions between Devon and Rawley.   Thunder Point rises to the occasion and helps her as well, they didn't care where she came from, they just saw a single mom who was obviously scared spitless and helped her out. It definitely turned out for the best!

I'm so glad I read this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Release date for this book is Aug 27, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment