Friday, September 21, 2012

I have read... Summer 2012

I am so far behind, but here I am to tell you what I have read recently and liked or did not like.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips- Great Escape.. Well, another author I met in Chicago.. She was also extremely nice and open. I love her books, and have been reading them for.. oh six or seven years I think.  I don't like to say that I didn't like a book.. sometimes I skip talking about them so I don't have to say anything negative. I will just say that for some reason, I could not get into this book. I made it about 75 pages and gave up.. I promise, though, to try again in a couple of months. Maybe it was just my mood at the time that kept me from liking it. I will try again! <3

Tera Lynn Childs- Just For Fins.. I think it took me about two hours to read this book, its a young adult book and a nice, light little mermaid book. and its funny.  I absolutely adore this series (I'm currently waiting for the slow distributor the library has to send her new book Sweet Shadows. GR! I hate waiting!).

Andrea Cremer- Rift.. When I first found out that she was starting a new, prequel, series to the Nightshade series.. I was extremely upset. She left Bloodrose with such a cliff hanger! Ah, I cannot tell you how angry I was. So I sat down to read Rift .. took me a week or two or three to pick it up.. I did not want her to write this book, I wanted more of Calla.. BUT, yes there is a but here.. I LOVED Rift. I couldn't put the book down, and I'm so excited that there will be another one in January. Loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it.. you get the picture... :)

Sylvia Day- Bared to You.. So I read this because it was on a list of "If you liked 50 Shades of Grey then try this".. Well, I kind of wish I hadn't. It was, pretty much, the same fricking story, except that the main female character has a little more experience with life than Ana, the grammar and writing were a whole lot better, and it was easier to get my hands on to read it than 50 Shades. I'm not positive I will read the next one when it comes out in October.

Pittacus Lore-Rise of Nine.. Im going to do a separate post about this, I have to think long and hard before I go into this one.

Julie Garwood- Sweet Talk.. Loved it, just as I love all of her other books!! Good romantic suspense, but I wish she had gone into more depth about Olivia's illness!

Kay Hooper- Haven.. FINALLY! I have been waiting.. what two years? for a new book in the Bishop/Special Crimes FBI series. I love this series.. For those of you who don't know.. its about a FBI unit comprised of psychics.. It is a great mystery series. I really did enjoy this one, but the end ticked me off so bad!!

David Rosenfelt- another mystery author, wow yes I do read something besides romance! I really like Rosenfelt's books.. He has the Andy Carpenter series and some stand alones, and I don't think I have read one I did not like. Leader of the Pack is the newest in the Carpenter series, and it is really good, with a very surprising ending!

I am currently reading a book called Angelfall by Susan Ee.. It has this whole weird Angels came down and wreak havoc on the Earth thing going on.. It is young adult and kind of has the same dark feel as the Hunger Games does. I'm actually enjoying it, and I'm almost done with it.

1 comment:

  1. You might be a lot more likely to discover a book shelf that your little one will likely be able to continue to use as they get older, particularly since it doesn't look like it was produced for a baby.

    ReplyDelete