Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yes, Im still here and still reading.. George Martin

Sorry, haven't been posting much.  Been busy with things, but Ive still been reading!! I will start with... George Martin..
I love, love, love, love these books. BUT oh my word, they are are intense. Long winded, characters coming out the wazoo, but they are really, really good.  I can't really describe them. Most people recognize the title "Game of Thrones" from the HBO series that started earlier this year. The first season of the show pretty well follows the first book, so I hear. I haven't seen them yet..

I just finished the 4th book in the series, and started on the 5th.  I stopped, though, after looking at Martin's website.  There were six years between book 4 and book 5.  Martin say's he doesn't want to write strictly fantasy (he also writes articles and sci-fi and various other things).  But, I dont wan't to finish this book and have to wait  6 years for a book. From what I can see, there are 2 scheduled yet.  Six years between, that would be another 12 years! That is just wrong to do to the fans, seriously.  So, haven't made up my mind yet on if I am going to finish it. 

So, more to come.. of other things I have read :D

No comments:

Post a Comment